We are reinventing robotics! Come join our rapidly growing team of dreamers and makers who care deeply about each other and team culture.Embodied is a highly dynamic workplace with a passionate team that is not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Embodied’s mission is to create robots that help people reach their full potential! Our first product Moxie, is a loveable, lifelike, animated character that uses our breakthrough SocialX technology platform to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Moxie has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the sophisticated robot for the curious child” (Wallpaper Magazine), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie and see how it works: www.embodied.com
From the heart of Pasadena in sunny Los Angeles, California, our diverse team of engineers, therapists, and designers is inventing the next level of robots that know how to create an emotional connection with users using body language, realistic eye contact, and fluid conversation to revolutionize the way we can interact with robots and provide care to families in need.
Currently we are using a remote, work-from-home model but may transition to working in the office in the future. Each person’s unique situation will be considered.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors including Intel Capital, Toyota, Amazon, Sony, and institutional VCs from LA and Silicon Valley.
Join us on this bold mission to challenge the status quo and put a dent in the universe.
This is a full-time staff position.
Embodied is looking to add a talented and creative 2D Artist to our growing art team who is excited to help create a diverse universe for Moxie.
Moxie exists within the world of the Global Robotics Laboratory (G.R.L.). This includes over a dozen characters including many humans and robots that work together to create a better world for everyone. These characters are used in many ways throughout the production of artwork for Moxie. This project also has needs for creative designs for icons and a plethora of other artwork to support Moxie on its journey.
- Work with the Design team to creatively design art for use on Moxie.
- Work with the Art Director to ensure the current art style is maintained through new imagery.
- Demonstrate strong drawing abilities.
- Demonstrate the use of creative problem solving when creating imagery.
- Quickly iterate in a high pressure environment.
- Create character based artwork for use on Moxie.
- Design and create iconography for use on Moxie.
- Design and create story images for use on Moxie.
- Create images for overarching story (Global Narrative) for both Moxie and the web portal.
- Create themed artwork for print mailings.
- Work within the technical pipeline to process art assets.
- At least two years experience working as an artist in a high volume and quality output production environment.
- At least two years experience in creating art for digital media.
- Proficiency working in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and other art programs.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to keep digital assets in a maintainable fashion.
- Must be receptive to art direction and critique in a team setting.
- Five + years working in a game development environment, including shipping at least 2 products.
- Experience with Maya and 3D character animation (bonus skill, not required).
- Experience with UI design.
- Experience with Unity’s animation systems for character, UI, and other assets.
As part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a digital portfolio of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Embodied is creating robots to help make the world a better place. Come join us to make an impact!
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace.