Embodied, Inc. is a technology company founded by veteran roboticist Paolo Pirjanian (iRobot, Evolution Robotics) with the conviction that the next big wave of technology will be driven by human-machine interfaces that are socially aware and intelligent.
Embodied’s veteran team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
Embodied is looking to add a talented Build Engineer to our growing technical team.
- Support, improve and maintain our automated process for application builds, tools builds, and assets integration on both macOS and Linux
- Load balance and support software CI/CD for developers and customers
- Maintain in-house server farm for testing and build automation
- Maintain cloud build and deployment pipelines to Google services
- Mentor developers and game designers on best practices for creating a robust, testable software development environment
- Develop and maintain software development workflows across multiple disciplines
- Work collaboratively with:
- High level application developers
- Cloud engineers
- OS, Firmware and software engineers
- Game designers and artists
- Minimum 2 years professional experience as a build engineer
- Excellent scripting skills in shell, Python, or Java
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and macOS
- Excellent knowledge of version control systems, specially git, and associated development workflows
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments systems such as Jenkins and CircleCI
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with mobile platforms (Android/iOS), embedded systems (e.g., Raspberry Pi), and/or robots
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. Google Cloud)
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo.
Location: Pasadena, CA. But exceptional remote applicants may be considered.
Contact us: email@example.com