Business Development Manager/Director
Business Development Manager/Director
Embodied, Inc. is a technology company founded by veteran roboticist Paolo Pirjanian (iRobot, Evolution Robotics) with the conviction that the next big wave of technology will be driven by human-machine interfaces that are socially aware and intelligent.
Embodied’s veteran team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
Embodied is looking for a highly motivated, well connected healthcare Business Development Manager to lead enterprise sales and develop key channel partnerships across the US market. The ideal candidate develops genuine client relationships, has a record of exceeding previous business development quotas, and is a strategic thinker who can identify new market and channel opportunities within a broad child development ecosystem.
- Analyze and segment the children’s developmental healthcare market to discover enterprise opportunities for Embodied’s robotic social, emotional, and cognitive learning platform, Moxie.
- Implement direct initiatives to build awareness of Embodied’s child development platform within healthcare, educational, and corporate enterprise groups.
- Use prospecting tools, industry information, referral networks, industry meetings and trade shows, and personal relationships to research, target, and approach new business opportunities. Must be comfortable “cold calling” and strategically prospecting within new accounts.
- Lead enterprise sales by creating, running and participating in sales meetings, developing compelling sales collateral and managing the proposal process.
- Build and maintain long-term client relationships resulting in the significant expansion of an enterprise-level client base.
- Adhere to strict code of confidentiality with regards to privacy of clients, clinical practitioners, and clinical study groups.
- Work collaboratively with all functions that support Business Development, including marketing, product, engineering, legal, finance, and the senior leadership team.
- Have fun while working at a startup with a great team and an incredible mission!
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a healthcare related field is required.
- 3-5 years enterprise-level business development experience within a healthcare and/or child development related market.
- Data-driven and focused on results over activity.
- Knowledge of the child development and/or therapeutics industry.
- Knowledge of common child mental, development and behavioral disorders.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills, but also a strong listener.
- Consultative, customer-centric approach to client management.
- Collaborative team player but with the ability to operate independently.
- Familiarity with prospecting tools, research techniques and CRM systems, such as Salesforce.
- Must be able to use Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel and/or the
- Google suite equivalents, to develop presentations, spreadsheets and client proposals.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the US.
- Prior experience selling emerging technology a distinct advantage.
- Technical sales background, able to fluently pitch technology products to tech-adverse markets.
- Exhibit a strong working knowledge of HIPAA and/or COPPA data and privacy compliance.
- Growth-stage startup experience highly desired.
- Interested in AI, robotics and/or digital technology.
- Good understanding of digital lead generation techniques and how they integrate into Business Development prospecting.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace.
Location: Pasadena, CA. But qualified candidates on the US West Coast with close proximity to major airport will be considered.
Seniority Level: Associate
Reports to: Head of Sales and Marketing
Employment Type: Full-time
Contact us at: email@example.com