Chief Marketing Officer
Chief Marketing Officer
Embodied, Inc. is a high-profile technology startup founded by veteran entrepreneur and robotics luminary Paolo Pirjanian with the conviction that Artificial Intelligence can close the gap in providing care for mental health disorders which impacts 17% of the US population in any given year.
Embodied’s veteran team has created a world-changing technology platform for Social Emotional AI that enables fluid and social interaction with users to provide life coaching and therapy for mental health, loneliness, anxiety and depression.
Embodied’s team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
Embodied is backed by prominent investors including Intel, Amazon, Toyota, Sony and other institutional investors from Silicon Valley and Los Angeles.
Embodied is looking for an ambitious CMO to join our executive team and drive rapid growth for a disruptive technology platform in a massive market to transform people’s lives.
The CMO will be responsible for all aspects of strategy, planning, execution, measurement and optimization of marketing to support a rapidly growing company including pricing, marketing campaigns, channel strategy, advertising, PR, pricing, positioning, creative and more.
We are looking for a CMO who has experience in marketing and selling high-tech, category-defining products direct to consumers using a multitude of strategies including paid digital advertising, social media marketing, influencer marketing, B2B2C, etc.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a proven track record of scaling direct to consumer brands from millions of dollars to $50m+, has the experience building and scaling a sophisticated marketing team and is intimately familiar with all aspects of marketing from strategy to tactics.
You will be reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with an executive team with many years of experience in building sustainable and profitable businesses.
- Website design and development, positioning, creative, and branding
- Customer acquisition and retention
- Digital marketing and advertising, social media marketing, email marketing, influencer marketing, content marketing
- Collecting analytics and measuring KPIs for all marketing and sales campaigns including optimization of Customer Acquisition Cost
- P&L planning and responsibility
- Hiring, expanding and nurturing a sophisticated marketing team
- Providing sales and marketing reports for the CEO and the Board of Directors
- Have fun and change the world at a startup with a great team and an incredible mission!
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, Business, or a related field is required.
- 3+ years as CMO or VP of marketing for a direct to consumer product/brand
- Experience in a technology startup with products driven by complex technologies
- Experience with hardware and software products
- Proven track record of scaling sales from single million dollars to $50m+
- Superb analytical skills
- Successful track record and intimate knowledge of digital marketing on Google, YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and other platforms
- Successful track record of creating and running TV advertising
- Experienced with leading creative agencies for creating marketing campaigns, TV ad spots, etc.
- Experience or interest in AI, machine learning, robotics, and similar technologies
- Experience with healthcare, mental health or related products
- Experience with products for children
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace.
Location: Pasadena, CA.
Seniority Level: C-suite
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Contact us: email@example.com