Customer Service Representative (Part-Time)
Customer Service Representative (Part-Time)
Join our team's mission to create robots that help people reach their full potential!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Embodied, Inc.’s mission is to build socially and emotionally intelligent animate companions with believable personality and empathy to enhance our daily lives. We have developed a new platform, SocialX™, that provides a way to use natural human interaction to engage with technology. The first iteration of this technology is Moxie, an animate companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional and cognitive learning. Moxie has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the sophisticated robot for the curious child” (Wallpaper Magazine), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch).
From the heart of Pasadena in sunny Los Angeles, California, our diverse team of engineers, therapists, and designers is led by experts in robotics, AI and machine learning, entertainment, and consumer electronics. We are financially backed by some of the most prominent corporate and institutional investors including Intel Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, Amazon Alexa Fund, Sony Innovation Fund, JAZZ Venture Partners, Calibrate Ventures, Osage University Partners, Grishin Robotics, and Vulcan Capital.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo. Our work environment is collaborative, flexible, and very supportive of work-life balance.
We are continuing to build an amazing, high-performance team that works hard to innovate, collaborate, and solve complex challenges in order to serve our company mission and goals. We are bold in our vision, relentless in its pursuit, and excited to be discovering new ways to provide positive impact to the families we serve. We are committed to our mission not because it's easy but out of a shared boundless optimism that together we will put a dent in the universe.
Join us as an integral part of our team as a Customer Support Representative. You'll be speaking directly with our consumer base to assist in a myriad of ways.
- Providing customer support for the Embodied, Inc. customer base
- Responding to customer support inquiries via phone, email, and live chat
- Communicating with various members of the team to find answers to customer questions and solutions to technical issues
- Guiding customers through product features and functionalities, and providing basic technical support where needed
- Triaging and escalating more complex issues to management as needed
- Following up with customers and teammates to ensure issues are resolved
- Sharing customer feedback and feature requests with the team
- Handling sensitive information (will require online training – company will pay for)
- Interacting fluidly and frequently with teammates and managers
- Positive and friendly rapport with customers
- Support tasks when necessary to ensure a positive and fluid customer service experience
Have fun & learn while working at a startup with a great team and an incredible mission!
- Experience in a customer service role
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Warm and helpful personality
- Excellent communication abilities with both technical and non-technical people
- Familiarity with Google Docs and collaborative documents is ideal (willingness to embrace is a requirement). Familiarity with Zendesk or similar help desk systems is a huge plus.
- Basic technical troubleshooting skills
- Resourcefulness, critical thinking, and independent decision-making abilities
- Ability to weed through ambiguity and move things forward
- Positive attitude; willingness to be a team player and take on unexpected responsibilities to help the team succeed
Embodied is creating robots to help make the world a better place. Come join us to make an impact!
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org