Location: Pasadena, CA or remote
Embodied, Inc. is a technology company with the conviction that the next big wave of technology will be driven by human-machine interfaces that are socially aware and intelligent.
Embodied’s veteran team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
You live and breathe data. You think data is beautiful. You are looking to contribute to human-robot interactions and conversational AI like you have never experienced before. Embodied is looking to add a talented and enthusiastic Data Engineer to our growing technical team.
- Lead efforts to extract meaningful insights from multimodal big data
- Design and implement big data solutions for emerging machine learning efforts, statistical insights, and quality assurance
- Design and implement data processing infrastructure enabling efficient parsing, understanding, visualization, and modeling
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Communicate findings to teams of AI/ML experts as well as company management
- Work collaboratively with:
- A team of top machine learning and AI experts to improve and personalize user perception and experience
- Domain experts to implement interactive and conversational features and behaviors
- Creative team of writers, UX designers, and animators to develop engaging multimodal content
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar.
- 3+ years of professional experience building big data pipelines and architectures in the cloud
- Professional experience in leveraging software for data storage, processing, and analysis such as SQL, NoSQL, Spark, and Apache Iceberg
- Strong programming skills in implementing efficient algorithms for large multimodal data analysis
- Professional experience in programming with Python or R
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate business relevant data insights
- Master’s degree or PhD (or equivalent) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar.
- Experience with GCP products and pipelines BigTable, BigQuery, and Dataflow
- Excellent applied statistics skills, including statistical testing, data modeling, etc.
- Experience in data visualization techniques and software (e.g., D3.js, GGPlot)
- Experience collecting large quantities of data through crowdsourcing technologies (e.g., Amazon Mechanical Turk)
- A love of designing beautiful and intuitive data visualizations. Tell us your favorite data viz, ours is Napoleon’s March to Moscow!
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo.
Contact us: email@example.com