Join our team's mission to create robots that help people reach their full potential!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Embodied, Inc.’s mission is to build socially and emotionally intelligent animate companions with believable personality and empathy to enhance our daily lives. We have developed a new platform, SocialX™, that provides a way to use natural human interaction to engage with technology. The first iteration of this technology is Moxie, an animate companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional and cognitive learning. Moxie has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the sophisticated robot for the curious child” (Wallpaper Magazine), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch).
Our diverse team of engineers, therapists, and designers is led by experts in robotics, AI and machine learning, entertainment, and consumer electronics. We are financially backed by some of the most prominent corporate and institutional investors including Intel Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, Amazon Alexa Fund, Sony Innovation Fund, JAZZ Venture Partners, Calibrate Ventures, Osage University Partners, Grishin Robotics, and Vulcan Capital.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo. Our work environment is collaborative, flexible, and very supportive of work-life balance.
We are continuing to build an amazing, high-performance team that works hard to innovate, collaborate, and solve complex challenges in order to serve our company mission and goals. We are bold in our vision, relentless in its pursuit, and excited to be discovering new ways to provide positive impact to the families we serve. We are committed to our mission not because it's easy but out of a shared boundless optimism that together we will put a dent in the universe.
You live and breathe data. You think data is beautiful. You are looking to contribute to human-robot interactions and conversational AI like you have never experienced before. Embodied is looking to add a talented and enthusiastic Data Scientist to our growing technical team.
- Lead efforts to extract meaningful insights from large amounts of multimodal data.
- Design and implement data solutions for emerging machine learning efforts, statistical insights, and quality assurance.
- Design and implement data processes enabling efficient parsing, understanding, visualization, and modeling.
- Design and implement data collection and annotation efforts (including crowd-sourced data collection and in-house).
- Evaluate our conversational AI and human-robot interaction solutions, identify errors/regressions, and propose solutions to complex problems.
- Communicate statistical findings to teams of AI/ML experts as well as company management.
- Work collaboratively with:
- A team of top machine learning and AI experts to improve and personalize user perception and experience.
- Domain experts to implement interactive and conversational features and behaviors.
- Creative team of writers, UX designers, and animators to develop engaging multimodal content.
Have fun & learn while working at a startup with a great team and an incredible mission!
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar.
3+ years of professional experience building data mining solutions at scale.
End-to-end experience working with multimodal data from collection to insight.
Professional experience in leveraging software for data storage, processing, and analysis including NoSQL, Elasticsearch, and R.
Excellent applied statistics skills, including statistical testing, data modeling, etc.
Professional experience in programming with Python, R, or Matlab.
Experience in data visualization techniques and software (e.g., D3.js, GGPlot).
Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate business relevant data insights.
Master’s degree or PhD (or equivalent) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar.
- Strong programming skills in implementing efficient algorithms for large multimodal data analysis.
- Experience collecting large quantities of data through crowdsourcing technologies (e.g., Amazon Mechanical Turk).
- A love of designing beautiful and intuitive data visualizations. Tell us your favorite data viz, ours is Napoleon’s March to Moscow!
Embodied is creating robots to help make the world a better place. Come join us to make an impact!
Please email your resume to: email@example.com