Embodied, Inc. is a technology company founded by veteran roboticist Paolo Pirjanian (iRobot, Evolution Robotics) with the conviction that the next big wave of technology will be driven by human-machine interfaces that are socially aware and intelligent.
Embodied’s veteran team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
Embodied is looking for an experienced Digital Designer as part of the Marketing Team to create and deliver user-focused visual marketing assets primarily in the digital medium. The ideal candidate is adept at understanding the end-consumers needs, telling inspiring stories through emotive imagery and video, and will work closely with the marketing team to grow Embodied’s visual brand.
Responsibilities will include:
- Concept, develop, execute, and deliver digital assets to communicate through multiple marketing channels, including: web (desktop & mobile), email, social, digital advertising, and video.
- Execute multiple projects with shifting priorities in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Assist in developing processes that will help the marketing team efficiently execute content delivery across multiple channels.
- Create and maintain a library of design templates and resources.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with:
- Marketing and Sales
- Product Content Development
- Responsible for communicating and developing the Embodied visual brand following established brand standards.
- Learn and understand Embodied’s customer community and translate marketing strategies into creative solutions that will engage with the target audience.
- Have fun & learn while working at a startup with a great team and an incredible mission!
- Bachelor's degree in Web Design, Digital Graphic Design, Visual Marketing or a related field is required.
- 4 to 7 years of digital design, with video editing experience.
- Experience creating image and video assets for e-commerce, social media platforms, display and video ads, and email campaigns.
- Landing page design experience with equal focus on visual aesthetics and business objectives.
- Experience with basic video editing and animations and optimizing files for different platforms (broadcast, online, etc.).
- Ability to take a creative brief and execute the objective and is open and flexible to iterations and changes as needed.
- Ability to design with the end user in mind, thinking across all touchpoints, and make best-practice recommendations for optimal impact on marketing campaigns.
- Ability to pivot quickly without losing speed, focus, or quality.
- Strong creative vision but able to solve problems through cross-functional collaboration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Team player, but with the ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of common design and video editing software is essential, including: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, PremierPro, and After Effects.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and efficient.
- Knowledge of common web technologies and best practices UX.
- Experience with working on brands and creative materials targeting parents and kids is a plus.
- Experience with social media publishing platforms (e,g, Hootsuite), analytics and monitoring tools, e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, etc., a distinct advantage.
- Proven organizational ability and file-categorizing expertise to ensure work is production-ready and completed on time.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo.
Location: Pasadena, CA. But exceptional remote applicants may be considered.
Seniority Level: Associate
Reports to: Head of Sales and Marketing
Employment Type: Full-time
Contact us: email@example.com