Digital Marketing Copywriter
Digital Marketing Copywriter
Embodied, Inc. is a technology company founded by veteran roboticist Paolo Pirjanian (iRobot, Evolution Robotics) with the conviction that the next big wave of technology will be driven by human-machine interfaces that are socially aware and intelligent.
Embodied’s veteran team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
Embodied is looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Copywriter. This role will be a core member of the Embodied Marketing team and will collaborate, ideate and execute on marketing copy for various applications including emails, website, advertisements, social media, marketing material, blog posts, newsletters, and more. The ideal candidate will primarily focus on writing persuasive marketing copy and will be able to provide some engaging content for blog posts, aimed to build lasting relationships, on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Write persuasive marketing copy for eCommerce website, social media, email, and paid ads.
- Assist with creating engaging content for newsletters and blogs as needed.
- Deliver a consistent tone of voice for Embodied.
- Ensure strategies adhere to SEO guidelines.
- Create content and marketing copy as needed to promote our products and services; continuously test and iterate.
- Maintain and provide enhancements to existing content.
- Understand Embodied’s audience and content goals and execute those goals while maintaining high editorial standards.
- Translate business concepts into clear, concise, and appealing content to support target consumer pre and post purchase.
- Bachelor's degree in Writing, Communication, Marketing or a related field is required.
- A proven track record in writing high-quality marketing copy.
- Broad understanding of strategic marketing and the digital marketing landscape, including websites, online experiences, display advertising, social media, mobile, and more; ecommerce/direct-to-consumer experience a plus.
- Familiar with content requirements for common social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Innovative and creative thinker; proactively identifies opportunities.
- Ability to research new topics, interview subjects, and fact-check details.
- Ability to align with our keyword strategy and write SEO-friendly content.
- Team player, but with strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience working with a DTC brand.
- Published writer with articles covering parenting topics.
- Have a professional, consistent and engaging writing style that encourages readers to share on social media and elsewhere.
- Experience creating family-friendly content related to parents of children in the 5-to 10-year-old age range.
- Interested in AI, robotics and/or digital technology
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo.
Location: Pasadena, CA. But exceptional remote applicants may be considered.
Seniority Level: Associate
Reports to: Head of Sales and Marketing
Employment Type: Full-time
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org