Executive Producer (Full Time)
Join our team's mission to create robots that help people reach their full potential!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Embodied, Inc. is looking for an experienced Executive Producer to oversee our production from a studio development perspective and insure high-quality ongoing delivery of innovative human and robot experiences for kids (ages 5-10). In this role, you would work with the CCO to establish core production targets, define and manage production schedules and budgets and lead a passionate and diverse production team (30+) to success. This role also requires being able to communicate effectively across the company, manage production risks, dynamically adapt plans relative to community feedback and product and/or service usage analytics while developing multi-year content strategy and production improvement plans. This position reports to the Chief Creative Officer.
We’re picturing someone who has a track record for building excellent products and/or services, high performance teams, experience developing and running live services for AAA games or content subscription services, possesses a creative/technical background and enjoys working at all levels of a dynamic and growing organization to insure project and company success.
- Perform as Head of Production for the project, delegating work and ensuring that the development process runs smoothly
- Guide production and coordinate work across multiple teams and between the Engineering, Design, Art and Audio disciplines
- Maintain a high-level lens across multiple teams to ensure consistency, efficiency and establish best practices to ensure quality results
- Lead the production function in driving project scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, prioritization, task tracking, and problem solving to achieve results
- Manage day to day production tasks and facilitate communications between all departments in the company to ensure everyone is working toward similar goals and any roadblocks are addressed
- Establish and maintain pipelines and procedures for production and assist in identification and creation of any tools necessary to do so. Assist in the creation, organization, and maintenance of the project’s document and asset filing systems
- Active role in hiring and recruiting. Help identify candidates, perform phone interviews, set onsite agendas, and assist in the final decision-making process
- Build, maintain and evolve a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate developers, serve as custodian of team health, set an example of positivity and foster a culture that values reacting to experiences as we make them, applying our knowledge and data to inform decisions, leading with the best intentions, and achieves results
- Be a vocal ambassador for the product and team in all scenarios
- 5+ years as a Executive Level producer or Studio GM with product shipping and/or live operations experience
- Excellent knowledge of Agile work systems (Kanban, Scrum, …) and experience running a lean and/or agile production team
- Successful deployment of live or subscription services including OTA updates and involving a connected product experience
- Proven ability to incorporate feedback from a user community and/or user analytics in order to iteratively improve overall product experience
- Proven track record for accomplishing project plans along with leading teams to sustainable success
- Great instincts to assess what works for a product or feature in development; or how such elements may be received by our target audience
- Broad technical understanding of common operational and development challenges
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-directed, and capable of instilling that characteristic in others through excellent verbal and/or written communication
- Project management software skills using Jira or other project management software
- Fluency with current trends driving user expectations and behavior
- Good natured, enjoys complex challenges and is able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions
- Passion for creating high quality engaging consumer experiences
- Experience creating positive social impact through innovative high quality cross-media experiences
- Desire to work with a highly diverse team to create the future of human and robot experiences
- Knowledge and familiarity with kids entertainment (ages 5-10) and/or age appropriate child development experience
- Experience working with research departments to establish tests and interpret data to refine design
- Experience working with projects or services that exist across a physical to digital spectrum of engagement
- Bachelors in CS, Math or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with Unity or Unreal
Embodied, Inc.’s mission is to build socially and emotionally intelligent animate companions with believable personality and empathy to enhance our daily lives. We have developed a new platform, SocialXTM, that provides a way to use natural human interaction to engage with technology. The first iteration of this technology is Moxie, an animate companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional and cognitive learning. Moxie has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the sophisticated robot for the curious child” (Wallpaper Magazine), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch).
From the heart of Pasadena in sunny Los Angeles, California, our diverse team of engineers, therapists, and designers is led by experts in robotics, AI and machine learning, entertainment, and consumer electronics. We are financially backed by some of the most prominent corporate and institutional investors including Intel Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, Amazon Alexa Fund, Sony Innovation Fund, JAZZ Venture Partners, Calibrate Ventures, Osage University Partners, Grishin Robotics, and Vulcan Capital.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo. Our work environment is collaborative, flexible, and very supportive of work-life balance.
We are continuing to build an amazing, high-performance team that works hard to innovate, collaborate, and solve complex challenges in order to serve our company mission and goals. We are bold in our vision, relentless in its pursuit, and excited to be discovering new ways to provide positive impact to the families we serve. We are committed to our mission not because it's easy but out of a shared boundless optimism that together we will put a dent in the universe.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com