Contact us at: email@example.com
Head of Customer Service
Head of Customer Service
Embodied, Inc. is a technology company founded by veteran roboticist Paolo Pirjanian (iRobot, Evolution Robotics) with the conviction that the next big wave of technology will be driven by human-machine interfaces that are socially aware and intelligent.
Embodied’s veteran team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
Embodied is seeking a candidate to lead or grow into the Head of Customer Service, setting up and establishing best practices for our CS department.
You would be a great fit if you are obsessed about making customers happy and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced environment. This position will require someone with a proven track record in building and implementing processes and procedures, tracking, and continually optimizing for customer satisfaction metrics. You'll manage a small team and work closely with senior leaders to deliver impactful outcomes to the organization.
Managing every touch point and interaction for customer service to deliver a high standard of experience
Establish, track, and optimize metrics of customer service quality and satisfaction
Customer satisfaction and customer success will be central to the responsibilities
Weekly report of customer service metrics to senior management
Use and expand on existing platforms to build out efficient, scalable solutions for incoming customer requests.
Create effective customer service procedures, policies, and standards that will scale for the next 1-3 years and improve customer outcomes this year.
Interface with other teams and departments within our organization to solve complex problems, technical support, and more
Oversee our Customer Support team to efficiently solve all levels of requests and issues
Plan, implement, and optimize agile, scaled 24/7 support models, including utilizing outsourced workforces and knowledge base management.
Report back on customer metrics and analytics to support customer retention
- 3+ years delivering successful transformations affecting complex, customer-facing systems and processes.
- Experience with Zendesk, Shopify, and JIRA highly desired.
- Experience with products for children
- Background in consumer-electronic products ideally for children and/or parents
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service, and communication skills in high-stress conditions
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and operate effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- You create systems that reinforce a culture of accountability; including being a role model who takes strategic action to ensure Embodied meets its commitments.
- Proactive problem-solver with strong business acumen who will jump right into complex cross-functional projects
- Excellent communicator and proven people leader who ensures that your teams are inclusive of and leverages diverse experiences and backgrounds
- Proven track record of leading full product ideation using the voice of the customer for high growth startups or incubators.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace.