Head of Human Resources
Head of Human Resources- Full-time
Join our team's mission to create robots to help people reach their full potential!
Embodied, Inc. is a technology company who has developed disruptive technology to enable a new category of products of lifelike, believable robotic characters capable of interactions with fluid conversations, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animate companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the top innovative products of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the sophisticated robot for the curious child” (Wallpaper Magazine), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: www.embodied.com
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Head of Human Resources to assist us in a very dynamic, fast-paced growth period and beyond! An expert in their field who does not shy away from complex problems, the Head of HR will be integral to shaping the current and future Embodied team.
Promote and nurture team and culture:
- You will work closely with our CEO to shape and nurture the team and the company’s culture to help create an innovative and high-performing team.
- Nurture and develop the team
- Evolve the DEIB vision and strategy as a critical part of fostering an inclusive culture; uphold a strong commitment to inclusion
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Help develop, communicate, and continually improve the company culture
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
Mange HR operations:
- Manage HR operations for benefits, payroll, compliance etc.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- You will successfully find and recruit new talent to the team with a particular focus on technical candidates.
- Determine current staffing needs and produce forecasts
- Collaborate closely with the Executives and Managers as a thought leader for recruiting philosophies, processes, tools, and tactics aligned with the objectives of the business
- Lead employment branding initiatives
- Perform sourcing to fill open positions and anticipate future needs
- Plan and conduct recruitment and selection processes (interviews, screening calls etc.)
- Take steps to ensure positive candidate experience
- 10+ years of experience as HR Manager, TA Manager or similar HR role
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Human Resources or relevant field
- Experience in full-cycle recruiting, sourcing, and employment branding
- Understanding of all selection methods and techniques (interviews, assignments, psychological tests, etc).
- Proficient in the use of social media and job boards
- Willingness to understand the duties and competencies of different technical roles
- Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and databases
- Love to collaborate in a team environment
- Experience working in the tech start-up and/or consumer electronics industries.
- MA in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar relevant field
- Experience recruiting for technical roles such as: robotics, game designer, machine learning, engineering, computer vision, etc.
- Proven success scaling growing organizations from 100 - 1000+ including global expansion
- A leader and strategic thinker
- Proven ability to motivate employees
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- People oriented and results driven
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels, personalities, and backgrounds within the company
- Approaches tasks with equal parts empathy, pragmatism, and forethought
- A love for being creative and working collaboratively
- Ability to effectively work in a remote or in person environment
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace.
Contact us at: email@example.com