Jr. Applied Machine Learning Engineer
Jr. Applied Machine Learning Engineer
Join our team's mission to create robots that help people reach their full potential!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Embodied, Inc.’s mission is to build socially and emotionally intelligent animate companions with believable personality and empathy to enhance our daily lives. We have developed a new platform, SocialX™, that provides a way to use natural human interaction to engage with technology. The first iteration of this technology is Moxie, an animate companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional and cognitive learning. Moxie has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the sophisticated robot for the curious child” (Wallpaper Magazine), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch).
From the heart of Pasadena in sunny Los Angeles, California, our diverse team of engineers, therapists, and designers is led by experts in robotics, AI and machine learning, entertainment, and consumer electronics. We are financially backed by some of the most prominent corporate and institutional investors including Intel Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, Amazon Alexa Fund, Sony Innovation Fund, JAZZ Venture Partners, Calibrate Ventures, Osage University Partners, Grishin Robotics, and Vulcan Capital.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo. Our work environment is collaborative, flexible, and very supportive of work-life balance.
We are continuing to build an amazing, high-performance team that works hard to innovate, collaborate, and solve complex challenges in order to serve our company mission and goals. We are bold in our vision, relentless in its pursuit, and excited to be discovering new ways to provide positive impact to the families we serve. We are committed to our mission not because it's easy but out of a shared boundless optimism that together we will put a dent in the universe.
Contribute to human-robot interactions and conversational AI like you have never experienced before. Embodied is looking to add a talented and creative Junior Applied Machine Learning Engineer to our growing technical team.
- Implement and validate next generation conversational AI systems to enable organic, emotionally responsive conversations with a believable character
- Leverage the latest advancements in machine learning and NLP to lead the research efforts in adopting/creating novel approaches to improve our conversational AI system
- Work with and pre-process large quantities of real-time multimodal data (audio, video, and text)
- Deploy and validate (in partnership with engineers) models that power specific applications and lead to tangible improvements
- Develop evaluation metrics for NLP models and improvements
- Work collaboratively with:
- A team of top machine learning and AI experts to improve and personalize user perception and experience
- Domain experts to implement interactive and conversational features and behaviors
- Creative team of writers, UX designers, and animators to develop engaging multimodal content
- Collaborate with other engineers and scientists on applied research
Have fun & learn while working at a startup with a great team and an incredible mission!
- BS or MS Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or similar.
- Internship experience in AI, natural language-processing (NLP), or computer vision (CV) at top industry institutions
- Experience developing and building upon NLP frameworks (HuggingFace, spaCy, etc.) or machine learning (ML) architectures (BERT, GPT-2/3, ImageNet, ResNet, or similar)
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch, Tensorflow, or Keras
- Excellent programming skills in Python, C++, or Java
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
Experience developing and launching conversational systems designed for voice driven interactivity (e.g., Alexa Prize)
Some research experience with NLP, CV, or other ML problems
Some scientific contributions in international conferences such as ACL, EMNLP, NeurIPS, CVPR, ICCV, or ECCV
Experience with multimodal/audiovisual data processing
Experience in leveraging software for text processing and representation (e.g., NLTK, gensim, OpenNLP, CoreNLP, etc.)
Embodied is creating robots to help make the world a better place. Come join us to make an impact!
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org