Jr. Technical Designer
Jr. Technical Designer
March 13, 2020
Join our team's mission to create robots that help people reach their full potential!
Embodied, Inc.’s mission is to build socially and emotionally intelligent animate companions with believable personality and empathy to enhance our daily lives. We have developed a new platform, SocialXTM, that provides a way to use natural human interaction to engage with technology. The first iteration of this technology is Moxie, an animate companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional and cognitive learning. Moxie has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the sophisticated robot for the curious child” (Wallpaper Magazine), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie and see how it works: www.embodied.com
From the heart of Pasadena in sunny Los Angeles, California, our diverse team of engineers, therapists, and designers is led by experts in robotics, AI and machine learning, entertainment, and consumer electronics. We are financially backed by some of the most prominent corporate and institutional investors including Intel Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, Amazon Alexa Fund, Sony Innovation Fund, JAZZ Venture Partners, Calibrate Ventures, Osage University Partners, Grishin Robotics, and Vulcan Capital.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo. Our work environment is collaborative, flexible, and very supportive of work-life balance.
We are continuing to build an amazing, high-performance team that works hard to innovate, collaborate, and solve complex challenges in order to serve our company mission and goals. We are bold in our vision, relentless in its pursuit, and excited to be discovering new ways to provide positive impact to the families we serve. We are committed to our mission not because it's easy but out of a shared boundless optimism that together we will put a dent in the universe.
· Learn ChatScript and author content according to design documents.
· Scripting content modules as defined in document specifications.
· Testing and debugging all work to make sure it meets established standards.
· Marking up created content to improve speech, animations and sound effects.
· Conforming to established standards of performance for quality and timeliness.
· Interfacing with team members within and outside the content team.
· Writing and maintaining documents providing specifications for Scripting content.
· Clearly communicate your work to others
· Performing other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated programming skills in C++, Python, and/or Swift
· Curiousity about software and processes
· Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
· Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills: In this role, you will need to
communicate clearly, and lead complex tasks among many people
· An open mind and team oriented spirit!
Embodied is creating robots to help make the world a better place. Come join us to make an impact.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health benefits, employee options, 401(k) with employer match, PTO, gym subsidies, catered lunches, fun company events and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo. Our work environment is results-driven, collaborative, flexible, and supportive of work-life balance.
Please include a brief cover letter with paragraph about why you are interested/ think you would be a good fit for the role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and use requisition code in the subject line: JTD022002