Senior Game Engineer
Senior Game Engineer
Join our team's mission to create robots to help people reach their full potential!
Embodied, Inc. is a technology company who has developed disruptive technology to enable a new category of products of lifelike, believable robotic characters capable of interactions with fluid conversations, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie(TM), an animate companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the top innovative products of 2020, Moxie(TM) has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the sophisticated robot for the curious child” (Wallpaper Magazine), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie(TM) and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: www.embodied.com
We are looking for an open-minded creative team player to contribute to a revolutionary robot experience for children by developing unique robot-based gameplay and human-robot interaction for Moxie. Embodied is looking to add an experienced, talented, technically skilled, and creative Senior Game Engineer that works on the robot’s lifelike behavior and performance.
- Design and develop solutions to bring a social robot to life using various game development disciplines: AI, game play, graphics, animations, UI, networking, etc., etc.
- Architect and integrate various systems and tools into existing Unity engine codebase for multiple platforms (Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux).
- Write well-architected, maintainable, and unit-tested code with good coding standards.
- Work collaboratively with:
- Creative team of writers, designers, animators to develop engaging robot content
- Interactivity experts to implement robot features and behaviors.
- Roboticists to efficiently implement recognition and synthesis algorithms.
- Hardware engineers to integrate new sensors and other hardware.
- Have fun & learn while working at a startup with a great team and an incredible mission.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development with at least one shipped title.
- B.A./B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years professional Unity (or equivalent, e.g., Unreal) development experience
- 3+ years professional C# (or equivalent, e.g., C++) experience
- Experience in the design, architecture and implementation of game systems and tools, including AI, animations, game play, game object management, graphics/rendering, UI, game editor tools, and build pipelines.
- Must be comfortable working and enhancing an established code framework.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with Android system
- Robotics interaction experience
- Familiar with source code management (e.g., git)
- Programming experience with Java, Python, or similar programming languages
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org