Senior Game Engineer
Senior Game Engineer
We are reinventing robotics! Come join our rapidly growing team of dreamers and makers who care deeply about each other and team culture. Embodied is a highly dynamic workplace with a passionate team that is not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Embodied’s mission is to create robots that help people reach their full potential! Our first product Moxie, is a lovable, lifelike, animated character that uses our breakthrough SocialX technology platform to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Moxie has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the sophisticated robot for the curious child” (Wallpaper Magazine), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie and see how it works: www.embodied.com
From the heart of Pasadena in sunny Los Angeles, California, our diverse team of engineers, therapists, and designers is inventing the next level of robots that know how to create an emotional connection with users using body language, realistic eye contact, and fluid conversation to revolutionize the way we can interact with robots and provide care to families in need.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors including Intel Capital, Toyota, Amazon, Sony, and institutional VCs from LA and Silicon Valley.
Join us on this bold mission to challenge the status quo and put a dent in the universe.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are looking for an open-minded creative team player to contribute to a revolutionary robot experience for children by developing unique robot-based gameplay and human-robot interaction for Moxie. Embodied is looking to add an experienced, talented, technically skilled, and creative Senior Game Engineer that works on the robot’s lifelike behavior and performance.
- Design and develop solutions to bring a social robot to life using various game development disciplines: AI, game play, graphics, animations, UI, networking, etc., etc.
- Architect and integrate various systems and tools into existing Unity engine codebase for multiple platforms (Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux).
- Write well-architected, maintainable, and unit-tested code with good coding standards.
- Work collaboratively with:
- Creative team of writers, designers, animators to develop engaging robot content
- Interactivity experts to implement robot features and behaviors.
- Roboticists to efficiently implement recognition and synthesis algorithms.
- Hardware engineers to integrate new sensors and other hardware.
- Have fun & learn while working at a startup with a great team and an incredible mission.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development with at least one shipped title.
- B.A./B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years professional Unity (or equivalent, e.g., Unreal) development experience
- 3+ years professional C# (or equivalent, e.g., C++) experience
- Experience in the design, architecture and implementation of game systems and tools, including AI, animations, game play, game object management, graphics/rendering, UI, game editor tools, and build pipelines.
- Must be comfortable working and enhancing an established code framework.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with Android system
- Robotics interaction experience
- Familiar with source code management (e.g., git)
- Programming experience with Java, Python, or similar programming languages
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo.
Contact us at: email@example.com