Software Developer, Interactive Design
Software Developer, Interactive Design
Join our team's mission to create robots that help people reach their full potential!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Embodied, Inc.’s mission is to build socially and emotionally intelligent animate companions with believable personality and empathy to enhance our daily lives. We have developed a new platform, SocialXTM, that provides a way to use natural human interaction to engage with technology. The first iteration of this technology is Moxie, an animate companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional and cognitive learning. Moxie has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the sophisticated robot for the curious child” (Wallpaper Magazine), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie and see how it works: www.embodied.com
From the heart of Pasadena in sunny Los Angeles, California, our diverse team of engineers, therapists, and designers is led by experts in robotics, AI and machine learning, entertainment, and consumer electronics. We are financially backed by some of the most prominent corporate and institutional investors including Intel Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, Amazon Alexa Fund, Sony Innovation Fund, JAZZ Venture Partners, Calibrate Ventures, Osage University Partners, Grishin Robotics, and Vulcan Capital.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo. Our work environment is collaborative, flexible, and very supportive of work-life balance.
We are continuing to build an amazing, high-performance team that works hard to innovate, collaborate, and solve complex challenges in order to serve our company mission and goals. We are bold in our vision, relentless in its pursuit, and excited to be discovering new ways to provide positive impact to the families we serve. We are committed to our mission not because it's easy but out of a shared boundless optimism that together we will put a dent in the universe.
We are looking for an open-minded creative team player to contribute to a revolutionary robot experience for children by developing and scaling unique content design and development for Moxie. Embodied is looking to add a talented, technically skilled, and creative Jr. Technical Designer that works on the interface between the technical implementation and creative design of human robot interaction.
· Contribute to the development of our interactive conversational engine.
· Develop software for robot control and communication between modules.
· Create fun and interactive activities that delight the users within the capabilities and leverage the sensory information of the robot.
· Integrate and implement authored and designed content within the robot system.
· Actively participate in testing and debugging the behavior of the robot.
· Work collaboratively with:
· Creative team of writers, UX designers, and animators to develop engaging multimodal content
· A team of top frontend and backend engineers to improve user experience
· Domain experts to implement interactive and conversational features and behaviors
· BS in Computer Science, Technical Game Design, or similar
· Demonstrated programming skills in C++, C#, or Unity
· Ability to tackle complex technical problems with creative solutions
· Track record of projects that combine software development with creative design in Games, AR, VR, or similar
· Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills: In this role, you will need to communicate clearly, and coordinate complex tasks among teams with diverse backgrounds
· Track record in developing interactive technologies leveraging conversation, computer vision, speech or voice as the primary input modality
· Experience in development, production, and shipping of interactive games/consumer products
· Experience in development within large software systems (Agile development, Git, Jira, etc.)
Embodied is creating robots to help make the world a better place. Come join us to make an impact.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health benefits, employee options, 401(k) with employer match, PTO, gym subsidies, catered lunches, fun company events and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo. Our work environment is results-driven, collaborative, flexible, and supportive of work-life balance.
Please include a brief cover letter with paragraph about why you are interested/ think you would be a good fit for the role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org