Software Engineer, Robot Systems
Software Engineer, Robot Systems
Embodied, Inc. is a technology company founded by veteran roboticist Paolo Pirjanian (iRobot, Evolution Robotics) with the conviction that the next big wave of technology will be driven by human-machine interfaces that are socially aware and intelligent.
Embodied’s veteran team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
Embodied is looking to add a talented and creative Software Engineer, Robot Systems to our growing technical team, who is excited to help develop and ensure quality in Moxie’s core software systems and contribute to a revolutionary robot experience for children.
- Work in a collaborative and supportive team environment to:
- Explore with the design and engineering teams innovative ways to realize new and amazing human-robot-interaction (HRI) features for Moxie and improve existing systems.
- Support the hardware team by developing software drivers and algorithms needed to bring new generations of hardware from the R&D to production stage.
- Lead test software development for our automated fixtures to support robot manufacturing. You will join our factory team to set up the new test fixtures required for our new products as well as help to maintain and update the testing software for current mass production builds of Moxie.
- Learn and grow at a startup, working with the latest technology on an incredible mission!
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field
- 2+ years full-time professional software development experience in a large code base
- Proficiency in two or more of the following software languages: C, C++, Java, C#, Python
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex software
- Great cross-discipline collaboration & communication skills
- Have developed applications for Android and/or Linux
- Experience working with IoT/Cloud systems using GCS, Azure, etc.
- Enjoy working with custom hardware and robotics
- Some knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical engineering
- Interest in computer vision, image processing, and OpenCV
- Familiarity with source code management workflows (git)
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org