Software Tools Engineer, Unity
Software Tools Engineer, Unity
Join our team's mission to create robots that help people reach their full potential!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
From the heart of Pasadena in sunny Los Angeles, California, our diverse team of engineers, therapists, and designers is led by experts in robotics, AI and machine learning, entertainment, and consumer electronics. We are financially backed by some of the most prominent corporate and institutional investors including Intel Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, Amazon Alexa Fund, Sony Innovation Fund, JAZZ Venture Partners, Calibrate Ventures, Osage University Partners, Grishin Robotics, and Vulcan Capital.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo. Our work environment is collaborative, flexible, and very supportive of work-life balance.
We are continuing to build an amazing, high-performance team that works hard to innovate, collaborate, and solve complex challenges in order to serve our company mission and goals. We are bold in our vision, relentless in its pursuit, and excited to be discovering new ways to provide positive impact to the families we serve. We are committed to our mission not because it's easy but out of a shared boundless optimism that together we will put a dent in the universe.
Contribute to a revolutionary robot experience for children by enabling and scaling unique content design and development with a multifaceted toolset. Embodied is looking to add a talented and creative Software Tools Engineer to our growing technical team.
- Support and empower Embodied’s software, art, content, and QA teams with the development of unique tools directly improving workflow and reducing human error
- Proactively seek out improvements within existing tools
- Translate stakeholder requests into concrete requirements and drive outcomes
- Write stable, testable code that can be iterated on as needs change
- Proactively fix crashes and bugs as soon as they appear
- Mentor and train team members on an evolving toolset
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience designing, programming, prototyping Unity engine based projects
- Very effective and fluid across one or more programming languages, including C#, C++, Swift, Python, and Java
- Great cross-discipline collaboration & communication skills
- Experienced with iterative, feedback-based UI development
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related field
- Familiarity with subversioning workflows (git)
- Knowledge in Android and iOS development
- VR/AR experience
Embodied is creating robots to help make the world a better place. Come join us to make an impact!
Contact us at: email@example.com