Tools Engineer [Python]
Tools Engineer [Python]
Embodied, Inc. is a technology company founded by veteran roboticist Paolo Pirjanian (iRobot, Evolution Robotics) with the conviction that the next big wave of technology will be driven by human-machine interfaces that are socially aware and intelligent.
Embodied’s veteran team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
Embodied is looking to add a talented, technically skilled, and creative Tools Engineer [Python] to contribute to a revolutionary robot experience for children.
- Optimize python compiler for our internal authoring environments.
- Improve unit tests to help maintain the overall health of various build systems.
- Automate validation checks along the pipeline in a clear and efficient manner.
- Develop solutions to increase iteration speed and ease UX for the authoring team.
- Provide strong foundational APIs to bolster pipeline efficiency and flexibility.
- Support authoring teams to create and test robot content.
- Support a range of Python versions 3.6.x-3.9.x.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or 3+ years of professional tools development experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience using python in a production environment.
- Familiarity with source code management workflows (git).
- Experience in development within large software systems (Agile development, Jira, etc.).
- Ability to tackle complex technical problems with creative solutions.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills: In this role, you will need to communicate clearly, and coordinate complex tasks among teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Professional experience in C++, C#, or Java.
- Experience supporting macOS and Windows platforms.
- Experience delivering python desktop applications.
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo.
Location: Pasadena, CA. But exceptional remote applicants may be considered.
Contact us: email@example.com