Tools Engineering Lead
Tools Engineering Lead
Embodied, Inc. is a technology company founded by veteran roboticist Paolo Pirjanian (iRobot, Evolution Robotics) with the conviction that the next big wave of technology will be driven by human-machine interfaces that are socially aware and intelligent.
Embodied’s veteran team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
We are looking for an open-minded creative team player to contribute to a revolutionary robot experience for children by developing unique robot-based gameplay and human-robot interaction for Moxie. Embodied is looking to add an experienced, organized, technically skilled, and creative Tools Engineering Lead that works on the robot’s lifelike behavior and performance.
- Communicate a cohesive vision and standard for authoring workflows and pipelines
- Amplify authoring iteration speeds by incorporating varying tools into a unifying interface for internal developers
- Lead teams in identifying new opportunities to increase workflow efficiency and reduce training costs
- Manage a team of software developers through workload management, performance, and growth opportunities
- Partner with other department leads to develop a cohesive vision and shared standards across all disciplines
- 5+ years of professional experience in tools and pipeline development
- Experience leading, mentoring, and growing team members in their technical and communication skills
- Strengths in collaboration, communication, and organization
- Experience developing tools with a user-interface in a strong MVVM paradigm
- B.A./B.S. in computer science, or equivalent experience in software development
- 3+ years of programming experience with Python, shell scripting
- Familiar with source code management (e.g., git)
- Experience developing cross-platform applications for a live user-base
- Bonus programming experience with C#, Java, C++
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo.
Location: Pasadena, CA. But exceptional remote applicants may be considered.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org