Unity Software Engineer
Unity Software Engineer
Embodied, Inc. is a technology company founded by veteran roboticist Paolo Pirjanian (iRobot, Evolution Robotics) with the conviction that the next big wave of technology will be driven by human-machine interfaces that are socially aware and intelligent.
Embodied’s veteran team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
We are looking for an open-minded creative team player to contribute to a revolutionary robot experience for children by developing unique robot-based gameplay and human-robot interaction for Moxie. Embodied is looking to add an experienced, talented, technically skilled, and creative Unity Software Engineer that works on the robot’s lifelike behavior and performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop solutions to bring a social robot to life using a combination of game development disciplines: graphics, animations, UI, networking, etc.
- Integrate backend systems into Unity codebase to drive robot simulation
- Develop authoring and debugging tools in Unity across platforms (Android/macOS/Windows)
- Create high-quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Mentor other engineers on the team in all aspects of game development & live-ops
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development
- B.A./B.S. in computer science, or equivalent experience in software development
- 3+ years professional Unity development experience
- 3+ years professional C# experience
- Experience working in a large and established code framework
- Familiar with source code management (e.g., git)
- Strengths in collaboration and communication
- Experience developing cross-platform for Android/iOS/macOS/Windows
- Familiarity with OpenGL, DirectX, or other rendering APIs
- Programming experience with Python, shell scripting
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo.
Location: Pasadena, CA. But exceptional remote applicants may be considered.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org