Unity Technical Artist (Sound)
Unity Technical Artist (Sound)
Embodied, Inc. is a technology company founded by veteran roboticist Paolo Pirjanian (iRobot, Evolution Robotics) with the conviction that the next big wave of technology will be driven by human-machine interfaces that are socially aware and intelligent.
Embodied’s veteran team of technologists, neuroscientists, child development specialists, and creative storytellers have been entirely reinventing human-machine interaction to enable realistic and intuitive interactions similar to humans. Through extensive research, they developed a breakthrough technology platform, SocialX™, that incorporates advanced AI and machine-learning to support fluid conversation, body language, eye contact, and emotions.
The first iteration of this technology is Moxie™, an animated companion for children developed to help promote social, emotional, and cognitive learning. Recognized by TIME magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Moxie™ has been called “the robot pal you dreamed of as a kid” (Wired Magazine), “the robot that could be your child’s or parent’s new best friend” (Fast Company), and “a technically impressive childhood robot” (TechCrunch). You can learn all about Moxie™ and see how Embodied (one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021) works at: embodied.com
Embodied is looking to add an experienced, talented, technically skilled, and creative Unity Technical Artist (Sound) who advocates for sound & experiential design, as well as overseeing the audio pipeline for a magical robot experience. We are looking for an open-minded creative team player to contribute to a revolutionary robot experience for children by developing unique human-robot interaction for Moxie.
- Design, develop, and maintain an audio pipeline ranging from source-management to engine-integration
- Design and develop new Unity audio frameworks to enhance the robot experience
- Coordinate sound-related feature-requests with tools and frontend developers
- Manage sound-requests and coordinate with composers and sound designers
- Integrate sound assets into existing Unity assets pipeline
- Provide guidance and feedback on audio quality and consistency
- Test and debug the combined aural-verbal robot experience
- Bachelor’s degree in interactive media, music production, or related field
- 2+ years professional Unity development experience
- 2+ years professional C# experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development
- Experience managing & maintaining an ever growing audio library in a team setting
- Familiarity with source code management workflows (git)
- Experience with Unity’s audio systems (i.e. audio-bus mixers, audio-source management, etc)
- Expertise in sound design, audio processing fundamentals, and best practices
- Experience with dynamic and adaptive music systems
- Great cross-discipline collaboration & communication skills
- Experience with narrative-driven audio experiences/installations and soundscapes
- Experience with Android system
- Scripting experience with Python, or similar programming languages
At Embodied, we support diversity and we are an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes compensation, health benefits, employee stock options, 401(k) match, flexible PTO, and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo.
Location: Pasadena, CA. But exceptional remote applicants may be considered.
Contact us: email@example.com